SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
ABOUT THE BRAND
At SET Active, we blur the line between form and function, because we believe that no one should ever have to choose. Whether you’re going to the gym, going out, or you’re just a go getter — you can think of us as your everyday activewear, elevated. We’re a community first and a brand second. Connected by our love for all things active, we live to create what our community wants, because we’re at our best when they feel theirs.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
We’re looking for a social-savvy and creative player to join the team at SET Active as our Social Media Manager. Working closely with our CEO, Director of Marketing, photographer, and graphic designer, you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and measuring social strategy across multiple channels. This role is equal parts storytelling and community building – the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication, organizational, and collaborative skills. Our Social Media Manager will be our voice and visionary online, so a marketing mindset, genuinely friendly personality, and deep love for activewear are must-haves for success. We’re a small team with big dreams, so anyone who joins us must be a resourceful thinker who’s willing to go above and beyond to make magic happen.
- Work with the Director of Social Media to design, execute, and analyze a social media strategy across multiple platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) that effectively encourages engagement and sharing, and amplifies SET’s value.
- Maintain a comprehensive social media calendar and oversee social media project management to ensure deadlines and goals are met.
- Conceptualize ideas for content for all social media platforms, including daily IG stories and grid posts
- Coordinate with graphic designer, copywriter, and photographer to produce engaging social content that is consistent with our voice & style, while also aligning with our community’s KPIs.
- Provide copywriting for content for all social media platforms, including daily IG stories and grid posts
- Create and implement processes and procedures for content creation and scheduling. Use a scheduling app (such as Planoly) to schedule all feed posts and captions in advance.
- Day-to-day management and maintenance of all social media channels, including responding to comments and DMs in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Director of Social Media to monitor online conversations and track all customer inquiries to recognize trends and inform broader brand strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with Influencer Marketing Manager to create and implement a strategy and procedures for influencer gifting. Identify key partnership opportunities, execute influencer outreach, and track results of outreach efforts.
- Research trends across multiple social media platforms and evolve strategies accordingly.
- Measure and analyze social media performance to adjust activities to maximize traffic and engagement; present reports to the team including analysis and action plans for the future.
- Assist with email marketing and additional marketing initiatives as needed.
- 3-5 years’ experience in social media marketing at a Manager level at a DTC brand
- Passion for sparking conversation and fostering community
- Exceptional copywriting, storytelling, and communication skills
- Positive, open-minded, and solutions-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambitious, startup environment
- Ability to execute upon multiple projects simultaneously and against tight deadlines
- Available to work weekends and holidays as needed - especially Black Friday/Cyber Monday
- 24/7 access to phone + internet – posts are made 7 days per week & social media never sleeps
- Must be based in Los Angeles and comfortable working in our WeHo office (COVID protocols enforced)
Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.